Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sacrament & Stickers

I've mentioned before how chaotic the first hour of church is due to the large number of toddlers. However, did I mention I have a toddler of my own? He's about 6'3, 216Ibs. and is very easily distracted...especially by the little ladies in our Ward.

This week his little distractor was a 18 month old redheaded girl named Crystal. Her father was singing in Sacrament so he asked Jershon to watch her while he was on stage. When he brought her over she happened to bring a page of stickers with her. For the next twenty minutes this is what I watched.

Crystal is sitting on Jershon's lap and they start to pull stickers off the page. They exchange the stickers with eachother, than take them off eachother and put them on their arms. From their arms they move to Jershon's Tie, from the tie to Crystals face, and finally from her face back to her arms.

From the stickers we then move to Jershon's tie. First, Jershon stuffs the tie into his shirt pocket. Crystal pulls it out of his pocket and tries to stuff it in the space between the buttons on his shirt. Then she tries to stuff it in the top of her dress. We eventually get bored with the shirt and Jershon fans the pages of the hymn book in Crystal's face, and she is in bliss.

As I'm watching this, I can't help but think about what sacrament will be like once we have children of our own. It's nice to know that if I want to pay attention to the speaker, Jershon will have no problem keeping occupied with the kids. However, as much fun as it was to pretend with Crystal today, I'm glad to know that at the end of the hour, we were able to give her back to her real parents. Needless to say, Sacrament and stickers, make for a very amusing hour.

0 comments: